Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Truth is a Lie #2

"Hello, we're The Truth is a Lie from Lake Mary, FLA."

Originialy The Truth is a Lie was a fake hardcore band I made up. It just sounded so much like a hardcore band. And because hardcore bands need an agenda I decided that this one should be a pro-cigarette hardcore band, a play on the Truth campaign to stop teenage smoking and the opposite of Straight Edge. Later, when I made the fake Robert Brown myspace page, I annointed him the President of The Truth is a Lie Action Committee to Promote Smoking, and I claimed myspace.com/thetruthisalie for his URL. Then mypace made it to Grenada, MS, and Robert found his page. Eventually I removed his name and all of the pro-smoking references and rechristened the page "The Truth is a Lie." But I kept a picture of Rob K B, the Maximum Leader --- like Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels --- and began to think about the Truth is a Lie as something like a wide focus personal literary journal. Because the Truth is a Lie was already claimed here the Truth is a Lie now becomes The Maximum Leader.

No comments: