Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Truth is a Lie #4

Yesterday I tried in vain to set up a blogger mobile account so I could send text and images from the Blueberry to The Maximum Leader. I wanted to post a pic of a radio station van with a large picture of Steve Harvey on it. But the mobile blog and the mail to address feature are either not working or I'm not doing it right. Damn. That was a cool Steve Harvey van.

The Steve Harvey Show was one of a number of "bad" sitcoms that I used to be into when I had cable. I would happen upon a syndicated sitcom that I missed when it was on the first time (I have no idea when the Steve Harvey Show was on originally) and, with the exception of the SHS, usually get pulled in by the presence of some cute girl or girls. Next thing I knew I was hooked. I was into Two Guys and a Girl, Ned and Stacy, and my all time Fave: Becker.

Becker gets run down a lot. People make fun of it. Some folks just plain hate it. And wonder how Ted Dansen could go from a great show like Cheers to Becker. Maybe I'm strange, but I like Becker a lot more than Cheers. I like Reggie (the original Reggie, the tall one,) and the office assistant chick is real hot. The other characters are good too. The blind guy is funny. So is the cab driver.

And Becker is funny. But you have to get into the rhythm of the show. And being on a six month vaction is really the best way to do that.

I don't have cable anymore, much less a DVR. And I go to work everyday, so I don't get to watch Becker for an hour like I used to when I got up at 10 or 11 every day. But maybe some day I'll have the chance again. And I can catch up on some shows I'm missing now.

2 comments:

Evil said...

Becker is better than Cheers?

You gotta be kidding?

Remind me of this the next time you tell me anything is good.

Bryan Hartley said...

I'm not saying that it is better than Cheers. I just like it more.

Bad sitcoms are a sometimes guilty pleasure of mine.